SETUP -GUST KNOB -
- Remove your Solbello umbrella from it’s carry bag.
- Place bottom pole with auger(7) into sand, unfold handles(6) and screw clockwise until pole is secured approximately 12” into the sand. ***We’ve included a red line on the mast for reference. Note: Required depth may vary from beach to beach depending on sand consistency.
- Unroll the fabric(4) from the upper pole. Note: We recommend holding the end of the fabric and gently dropping the unit in the sand to unroll.
- Standing with your back to the wind, unfold the upper portion and slide the center slider(2) up to it’s locked position, the sail should be flowing away from you. Note: the Gust knob(1) should be on the front of the umbrella, facing you.
- Place the top mast into the bottom mast and turn connection knob(5) to secure.
- Typically, there should be a steady breeze during the day at the beach. Ensure the gust knob(1) is loose to allow the sail to rotate as the wind shifts.
- If there is little to no wind, or it’s shifting direction back and forth (most likely in the morning hours); this is when you will want to tighten the Gust Knob and manually face the sail with the dominant wind direction. ***Note: If the sail wraps itself around the mast, this probably could have been avoided by tightening the Gust Knob.
- The tilt feature is for certain times when the wind is not blowing in the Sun’s direction. ***Example: At sunrise or sunset, if the wind is blowing South to North.
- To straighten the mast, push the button and manually straighten the mast.
- Loosen and lift upper pole from bottom pole, slide center(2) down to fold arms.
- With the wind at your back, roll the sail(4) up onto upper portion and slide into bag.
- Remove lower pole from the ground and wipe off sand.
- Carefully slide the lower pole into the open division of the bag.